The Nine Truths About Weight Loss
1. Your body will resist permanent weight loss
2. Biology is NOT destiny
3. Weight control is a manageable athletic challenge
4. You will experience three stages to success: Honeymoon, Frustration, and Acceptance
5. You can eat very little fat and learn how to keep your hunger quiet.
6. If you maintain a written record of your eating and exercising at least 75% of the time, you can manage the program successfully.
7.Exercise every day is the way.
8.You can manage stress without overeating or underexercising.
9. Maintaining weight is actually easier, not harder, than losing weight.
From the book 'The Nine Truths About Weight Loss' by Dr. Daniel Kirschenbaum, Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Northwestern University Medical School.